Plant for Plant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Have Some Rules Here...

Go down

We Have Some Rules Here... Empty We Have Some Rules Here...

Post  Admin Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:17 pm

If anarchy worked, then we would be anarchists...but civilization only works when rules are in place and followed. Sadly this forum isn't any different. So here are some basic rules:

1. Always be polite and courteous to others. Rude posts will be removed, and if it continues, the user may be banned.
Let's try to be on our best behavior or at least in a good mood. Things happen, bad hair days, your favorite dog dies, etc. However, you may find that you're wanting to feel better, not necessarily make others feel bad. Give some of the users on here a chance. I'm sure they can help lighten your mood.

2. Do Not Spam e-mails or the forum. Mails or PMs related to something on the board is acceptable.
Ever opened your email to find 150 emails about male supplements or offers to remove hair off your feet? Makes you want to pull your hair out. Same here. Just like you, we won't read the Spam either. It'll just be discarded and is a waste of time for both of us. So please do not Spam.

3. If you have problems while trading in "Plant for Plant," please send a message to "Trade Disputes" located at the bottom of the forum under "Quality Control."
Any messages sent to "Trade Disputes" cannot be viewed by others, only the Administrator (me) and a few choice moderators. This eliminates the need to post publicly about a problem. And it eliminates the need to retaliate against a perceived wrong by trying to humiliate the person you have failed to trade with. Believe me, if they fail to live up to their end of the bargain, they will be delt with, but on our terms. However, embarrassing someone and finding out your were wrong (misunderstanding, postal mistakes, etc), can be a tough situation to recover from. So please, let us arbitrate the situation.

4. Do NOT Upload, post or reproduce any materials protected by copyright without writen permission of the copyright holder.
This includes tampering with copyrighted material and trying to make it look different. Believe me, you can't fool them. Plagiarism with modifications is still plagiarism. So just don't do it. Find a camera, a friend with a camera, or you may ask others to give you one of their images on the forum (with their written consent). If you do have written permission, post it with the image or contact me. Falsifying written permissions will result in immediate banning.

5. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or any state regulation is
prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material
judged to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade
secret.

I live in the U.S., so if it's against the law in the U.S., it's against the law on this forum. Violations of this rule will result in immediate banning and removal of all posts. Sorry, but my hand is more or less forced on this one.

6.Pictures posted by members are considered donated and become the property of All About Plants and Plant for Plant. These pictures are for use on the forum websites only and will not be sold or distributed.
These pictures can be used on any page and may show up in the ever-growing database. You may even offer recommendations on where you would like these pictures to go.

7. Plant for Plant is a trade/barter forum only, we do not sell items here.
Trading a plant for another, trading seeds, trading gardening equipment, Self Addressed Stamped Envelopes (SASE), and paying for postage are acceptable. Trying to sneak in and start a business (no matter how small) is not acceptable. If you wish to sell items, post a link to your web page in your signature and conduct all business in private and not on either forum.

8. Keep it fun, legal, and clean.
Post in a fairly good mood, obey the laws of your country and especially the country of origin for both forums (United States), and remember foul or suggestive language is not tolerated (there may be children on the forum...you never know).

9. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in warnings, removal of privilleges, and/or eventually being banned.
If you break the rules, there has to be consequences, or else the rules have no meaning.
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Plants Have/Want
Plants Owned:
Plants Wanted:

https://plantforplant.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down